Hebei Medical University (HEBMU) is one of the oldest and best medical universities in China. Its history can be traced back to 1894, Qing Dynasty. HEBMU lies in Shijiazhuang-the capital city of Hebei Province, which is 283 kilometers away from Beijing, taking about 3 hours by driving. As the important traffic hub and scenic resort, Shijiazhuang is a promising modern city.
HEBMU is a comprehensive medical university composed of western medicine, traditional medicine, pharmacy and other subjects offered in 14 colleges and 15 specialties. The total value of its instruments and facilities is 147million RMB, and the library contains over 540 thousand volumes of books. Occupying a total area of 185 acres, now it has 12700 students on campus, including 3000 graduate students and international students from Korea and Japan etc.
Hebei Medical University has a body of high quality teaching staff made up of 863 professors and 1350 associate professors. Among them, there are 1 academician of China National Engineering Research Institute, 2 candidates of the Institute and 112 experts who can enjoy the State Council Allowance.
Hebei Medical University owns 6 hospitals, 4 of them are provincial-level ones. They have a total of 4500 sickbeds. In addition, there are other 16 secondary hospitals, 60 teaching hospitals and internship bases, 8 libraries, 8 provincial research institutes and 9 kinds of academic publications edited and published by the university. These provide good conditions for clinic teaching, training and internship, effectively guaranteeing the quality of teaching. The Clinical Medicine in HMU ranks the 16th among China universities.
In the past few years, Hebei Medical University has become an important window of cultural and economic exchanges with the world. It has established closer cooperation with about ten medical colleges and research institutes of Japan, South Korea, America and France successively. 24 foreign experts have been invited to take the honorary positions of this university. Over 400 experts and professors have been sent abroad to give lectures or attend international academic conferences. Nearly 100 young teachers are assiduously studying abroad for Ph.D. degree. Its cooperation with the domestic colleges and universities has grown increasingly.
The MBBS program in HEBMU started from 2004, and firstly approved by the MOE as the qualified university to offer MBBS in English. Till now about 400 international students are studying in HEBMU, mainly from the United States, South Korea, India, Japan, Pakistan, Indonesia, Vietnam etc more than 10 countries.
HEBMU is recognized by WHO and the graduates of MBBS program are eligible to take the Medical Licensing Examinations held by the medical councils in different countries such as MCI, PMDC, USMLE, HPCSA, SCHS etc.
The curriculum planning shall include the following three parts:
(1) Chinese culture and natural science courses. In order to facilitate their learning and life in China and contact with patients in their medical practice, the Chinese language shall be a compulsory course during the whole undergraduate medical program in English for international students in China.
(2) Basic medical sciences, behavioral science, humanities, social science and medical ethics, preventive medicine and clinical medicine. It is also required to pass the examinations of these courses respectively.
(3) Internship. The institutions shall meticulously organize the reasonable arrangement of the internship. The duration of the internship is one year (at least 48 weeks).
English: pass the entrance examination or provide relevant English proficiency certificate；
Chinese: achieve HSK level 2 in the second year, achieve HSK level 4 in the fourth year；
Students can choose to do the internship/training in China, their home country or any other country.
HEBMU highly recommends international students to do the internship in China, and it would be done at one of the affiliated hospitals.
If students want to do the internship in other country, HEBMU need to do an qualification evaluation on the hospital which student choose, and student has to provide the contact information.
And, students have to take the final examination on Theory Test and Clinical Evaluation in HEBMU.
For more detail, please visit the Internship and Career.
Tuition Fee: 40,000 RMB/year Accommodation Fee: 9,000 RMB/year
Application Fee: USD 135
Books Fee: Pre-pay the deposit RMB 3000.
Cost of Living: 600-1000 RMB/month
In Total: 60,000-64,800 RMB/year
On completing the requirements of the teaching program and passing the graduation examinations successfully, international medical undergraduates will be granted a graduation certificate and conferred a medical degree by HEBMU, if they meet the degree regulations of the university. The English copy of the degree will state MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery).
Internship and Career
Students can choose to do the internship/training in China, their home country or any other country. The tuition fee for internship year is RMB 30,000 per year.
HEBMU highly recommends international students to do the internship in China; it would be done at one of the affiliated hospitals. Hebei Medical University owns 6 hospitals, 4 of them are provincial-level ones. They have a total of 4500 sickbeds. In addition, there are other 16 secondary hospitals, 60 teaching hospitals and internship bases.
If students want to do the internship in other country, HEBMU need to do a qualification evaluation on the hospital which student chooses, and student has to provide the contact information.
And, students have to take the final examination on Theory Test and Clinical Evaluation in HEBMU before graduation.
After obtaining MBBS Degree, the graduates can apply to take the medical licensing examination in the medical council in order to get registered and practice medicine. According to the regulations in different countries, the students may need to do the degree accreditation first. A MBBS degree holder can find jobs in government as well as private hospitals, nursing homes and other health facilities. Except this, one can also start his own clinic or pursue study for master's degree.
Application Requirements and Materials
1. Aged 18 or above.
2. With an educational background equal to high school graduation in China or have passed Grade Twelve (10+2)/FSc./A Level/WAEC or equivalent.
3. At least 60% score in science subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Biology).
1. Health certificate
2. Photocopy of valid passport
3. Passport photo
4. High school academic transcript
5. High school graduate certificate
6. English proficiency test certificate
How to Apply
CUCAS provides two kinds of application methods for international candidates to study English medium MBBS programs at China's universities. They can choose the quick and convenient online application system or the traditional offline application route-Apply via Email.
Online Application Procedures
To complete the online application process, you need to follow the four main sections below:
1. Click 'Apply Now' button on this page and login, if didn't have the account, register first.
2. Fill out the online application form with real and correct informaiton, including personal information, education background, language proficiency, etc.
If you're not sure how to fill out the form, please check if there are any instructions behind the blank.
3. Upload the required application materials
Please upload photocopies of required application materials according to the university's admissions criteria.
All the materials should be MS-Word (.doc), Adobe PDF (.pdf) documents, image files (.gif, .jpg), or compression files (.rar, .zip). Each file cannot exceed 8 MB (megabytes)
4. Make payment
CUCAS offers five types of payment methods. Please carefully select your preferred payment method and to make the payment.
Students who choose Western Union or Bank transfer as their payment method need to upload the payment receipt after you wire the money at the post office or bank.
5. Submit application
Please submit your application once the application fee is confirmed by CUCAS. To submit your application, please access My CUCAS-> My Applications by logging in CUCAS, click 'Continue' at 'Application Status' column, and go to the 'Submit Application' section. You will see a big 'Submit' button. Click the button and your application will be sent directly to the university.
Once you've submitted your application, please wait 2-4 weeks for the university to process your application. Once the university has made a decision, CUCAS will notify you by email. You can also track your application status by logging into your CUCAS account.
Offline Application Procedures
The steps for 'Apply via Email' are as follows:
1. Choose a MBBS program；
2. Click “Apply via Email” to download the fillable application form and documents;
3. Open forms in MS Word and fill in required information electronically, please make sure the information is accurate and correct to receive your JW 202 form;
4. Send us the completed form and other required application materials;
5. Pay the Application Fee and CUCAS Processing Fee, keep the receipt;
6. Send us the copy of receipt, and the school will process your application once receiving your bank receipt;
7. Check your application process via email periodically, and track with your admission status;
8. Wait for your admission notice from CUCAS within 5 workdays, and the JW 202 form will send to you in 2-6 weeks;
Email Address for MBBS Application: email@example.com