Nantong University (NTU) is a comprehensive university with a history of over ninety years. Located in the coastal city-Nantong of Jiangsu Province, Nantong University (NTU) is a comprehensive university with a history of over ninety years. Located in the coastal city-Nantong of Jiangsu Province, this university is co-built by the provincial government and Ministry of Transport in China. It is composed of 4 campuses, 26 colleges and 1 large affiliated hospital with 1,861 beds. The enrollment now has reached 33,000, including 300 international students.
Medical School of Nantong University is as old as this university. Set in 1912, it has become the largest school on campus, containing 12 teaching and research sections for Preclinical Medicine and Medical Humanities, 23 Clinical Medicine sections, 8 laboratories and 12 research institutes or centers.
The school offers 12 undergraduate programs, including 1 national key discipline, 5 provincial key disciplines and 9 provincial clinical medicine specialties. There are over 3,989 medical students including 261from foreign countries. Clinical Medicine is the key discipline both in the province and the university. It is equipped with excellent teaching facilities, qualified teachers, Provincial Public Technology Service Platform and Clinical Medical Center. There also exist 16 affiliated hospitals for clinical teaching and graduation internship as well as 52 hospitals for teaching practice.
The MBBS program (Clinical Medicine) can be taught in English for international students and it has been approved by the MOE in 2008. Since 2005, 261 international students from India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Jordan, Namibia and Botswana, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Brazil i.e. have taken part in this program.
The medical school has staff team of rich experience, exquisite medical skills and high academic ability. There are 152 professors, 190 associate professors, 6 doctoral supervisors, 148 master supervisors and a large number of part-time teachers.
NTU has undertaken actively in academic exchange and cooperation with the universities and research institutes in Britain, the United States, Germany, Canada, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Portugal and other countries. A series of programs like teacher exchange, student exchange, cooperation in research and running school etc have been established and 15 full-time foreign professors are recruited in NTU.
NTU is recognized by WHO and the graduates of MBBS program are eligible to take the Medical Licensing Examinations held by the medical councils in different countries such as MCI, PMDC, USMLE, HPCSA, SCHS etc.
The curriculum planning shall include the following three parts:
(1) Chinese culture and natural science courses. In order to facilitate their learning and life in China and contact with patients in their medical practice, the Chinese language shall be a compulsory course during the whole undergraduate medical program in English for international students in China.
(2) Basic medical sciences, behavioral science, humanities, social science and medical ethics, preventive medicine and clinical medicine. It is also required to pass the examinations of these courses respectively.
(3) Internship. The institutions shall meticulously organize the reasonable arrangement of the internship. The duration of the internship is one year (at least 48 weeks).
Biochemistry, Anatomy, immunology, biochemistry experiment, Immunology experiment, Physiology, Infectious Disease, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Internal Medicine, Surgery Practice, Medical Chinese, Infectious Disease Practice etc
All student need to take the internship before graduation, which lasts for one year with tuition fee of 11,000 RMB/year. Students can choose to do it in China or other countries, while an authorization letter from medical school is necessary for internship abroad. For internship in China, students need to pass the HSK 3 and they will be arranged in the 3 affiliated hospitals.
For more detail, please visit the Internship and Career.
Tuition Fee: 20000 RMB /year
Admission Fee: RMB 400 per person, paid at the time of application.
Registration fee: RMB 200 per person, paid at the beginning of each school year.
Miscellaneous Fee: RMB 4000 for the first year, and RMB 2500 for each following year. (Miscellaneous fee contains the fees for books, teaching materials, insurance, physical examination, residence permit, etc.) Accommodation Fee: for two-bed room is : 600 RMB / month (double room); 400 RMB / month (triple room)
Cost of Living: 600-1,500 RMB/month In Total: 42,200~54,200 RMB / year
Students in this program can apply for the Jiangsu Province Government Jasmine Scholarship.
MBBS Degree: upon graduation, students need to pass the HSK 3 to get the diploma.
On completing the requirements of the teaching program and passing the graduation examinations successfully, international medical undergraduates will be granted a graduation certificate and conferred a medical degree by Nantong University, if they meet the degree regulations of the university. The English copy of the degree will state MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery).
Internship and Career
All MBBS students need to take the internship, which lasts for one year with tuition fee of 11,000 RMB/year. Students can choose to do it in China, their home country or other countries, for which an application letter is necessary.
For internship in China, students need to pass the HSK 3 and they will mainly be arranged in 3 affiliated hospitals or choose other qualified hospitals by themselves. Those who haven’t get the HSK3 certificate before internship must take the Chinese Language Examination held by the school. If they failed in the exam, they have to take the Chinese language training which costs RMB 250 and the following exam. Only their language proficiency is qualified, they can start their internship.
High School diploma or equivalent certificate holders, under the age of 30, healthy.
1. Health certificate (You can download a sample here.)
2. Photocopy of valid passport
3. Passport photo
4. High school academic transcript
5. High school graduate certificate
How to Apply
CUCAS provides two kinds of application methods for international candidates to study English medium MBBS programs at China's universities. They can choose the quick and convenient online application system or the traditional offline application route-Apply via Email.
Online Application Procedures
To complete the online application process, you need to follow the four main sections below:
1. Click 'Apply Now' button on this page and login, if didn't have the account, register first.
2. Fill out the online application form with real and correct informaiton, including personal information, education background, language proficiency, etc.
If you're not sure how to fill out the form, please check if there are any instructions behind the blank.
3. Upload the required application materials
Please upload photocopies of required application materials according to the university's admissions criteria.
All the materials should be MS-Word (.doc), Adobe PDF (.pdf) documents, image files (.gif, .jpg), or compression files (.rar, .zip). Each file cannot exceed 8 MB (megabytes)
4. Make payment
CUCAS offers five types of payment methods. Please carefully select your preferred payment method and to make the payment.
Students who choose Western Union or Bank transfer as their payment method need to upload the payment receipt after you wire the money at the post office or bank.
5. Submit application
Please submit your application once the application fee is confirmed by CUCAS. To submit your application, please access My CUCAS-> My Applications by logging in CUCAS, click 'Continue' at 'Application Status' column, and go to the 'Submit Application' section. You will see a big 'Submit' button. Click the button and your application will be sent directly to the university.
Once you've submitted your application, please wait 2-4 weeks for the university to process your application. Once the university has made a decision, CUCAS will notify you by email. You can also track your application status by logging into your CUCAS account.
Offline Application Procedures
The steps for 'Apply via Email' are as follows:
1. Choose a MBBS program；
2. Click “Apply via Email” to download the fillable application form and documents;
3. Open forms in MS Word and fill in required information electronically, please make sure the information is accurate and correct to receive your JW 202 form;
4. Send us the completed form and other required application materials;
5. Pay the Application Fee and CUCAS Processing Fee, keep the receipt;
6. Send us the copy of receipt, and the school will process your application once receiving your bank receipt;
7. Check your application process via email periodically, and track with your admission status;
8. Wait for your admission notice from CUCAS within 5 workdays, and the JW 202 form will send to you in 2-6 weeks;
Email Address for MBBS Application: firstname.lastname@example.org