Founded in 1919, Nankai University has 93 years of history. It is considered to be one of the most comprehensive universities with a wide range of courses. Nankai has developed cooperative relations with 300 colleges and research institutes in over 40 countries.
Nankai University is a key multidisciplinary university with a complete curriculum that includes the humanities, natural sciences, technology, life sciences, medical sciences and the arts. The University believes in the equal importance of the sciences and the liberal arts.
Study at a university committed to internationalisation. With more than 10,000 foreign graduates to date, Nankai offers a modern and comfortable study environment in which to learn Chinese or undertake Postgraduate study on a Masters programme, taught in English.
The Nankai MBBS programme will enable graduates to gain employment in a wide variety of countries. Medical degrees awarded by Nankai are internationally recognised. Nankai University is on the World Health Organisation's list of approved providers of MBBS degrees and every March the programme is validated and quality assured by the WHO.
Whilst studying an MBBS degree, students will experience first-class teaching, dedicated support from INTO student services and full access to on-campus facilities.
The Nankai MBBS is a six-year, English-medium programme designed to meet the high global demand for qualified doctors. If you have A-level or equivalent qualifications and want to progress directly into medical training, our combined bachelor and medical degree programme may be the right choice for you.
Medical degrees awarded by Nankai University are internationally recognized and validated by the World Health Organization (WHO). Validated English language Chinese MBBS degrees are recognize in South Africa, Saudi Arabia, India, and Pakistan for local professional medical board examinations.
An MBBS degree from Nankai is a primary medical qualification (PMQ) allowing direct progression into professional medical practice.
Students spend the first four years of the progamme on-campus, followed by a two year placement at a leading grade 3, level a Chinese teaching hospital in Tianjin. This standard of hospital is the most advanced and best equipped in China.
Regional Anatomy, Histology & Embryology, Medical Biochemistry, Cell Biology,Innovation Research & Training, Pathology, Pharmacology, Diagnostics, Epidemiology, Medical Ethnics, Operative Surgery, Paediatrics, Infectious Diseases etc. View the Syllabus for MBBS Program (it may be revised in the teaching process).
Nankai University is affiliated to the Tianjin Union Medical Centre (UMC), established in 2002 as one of five medical centers in Tianjin. UMC is focused on strengthening the clinical skills of medical students and clinical care technicians. The training involves multi-disciplinary and multi-level clinical scenes teaching, surgical demonstration and operation training, international and domestic telemedicine education alongside a range of assessment methods, UMC plays a significant role in modern medical teaching and training in Tianjin. The centre also provides accredited training for:
UMC is well equipped with specialist training rooms, including diagnostics, check-up, and technical, CPR, ICU simulator, paediatrics, nursing, surgery and mini-invasive surgery, an OSCE station and a general practice office.
You will train alongside students from other medical colleges, resident physicians, general physicians and all levels of medical ward technical personnel.
Tuition Fee: RMB 60,000 per year
Registration Fee: RMB 1000
Residence Permit Application Fee: RMB400 per year
Books Fee: RMB 800 per year
Cost of Living: 2,000-3,000 RMB / month
In Total: 63,840-62,840 RMB / year
1. A knowledge and understanding of the sciences underlying medical practices in relation to individuals and their place in society.
Demonstrated proficiency in basic clinical skills, including:
2. Acquired and demonstrated attitudes for achieving high standard of medical practice and patient care including:
3. Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and a capacity for critical understanding.
4. Understanding of the work of other healthcare professionals, partly through a cooperative approach to patient care on a training ward.
5. You will also acquire additional skills and experiences:
6. As a result you will also be able to demonstrate:
The Center was established in 2006 and aims to strengthen the clinical basic skills to medical students and clinical care technicians using the simulation model and mini-invasive surgical instruments. The training involves multi-disciplinary and multi-level clinical scenes teaching, surgical demonstration and on-spot operation training, international and domestic telemedicine education, and the diverse assessment tasks.
The training courses target the trainees of medical colleges and schools, the resident physicians participating in a standardized training, general physicians, and the medical and technical personnel at all levels. The Centre is an important base for training clinical professionals, and plays a significant role in modern medical teaching and training in Tianjin.
The Medical Training Center is well equipped with Diagnostics Training Room, Technical Training Room, Check-up Training Room, General Practice Office, CPR Training Room, Simulate ICU, Simulate O.R, O & G Training Room, Pediatrics Training Room, OSCE Station, Nursing Training Room, Discussion/Control Room, Surgery Training Room, Mini-invasive Surgery Training Room, Classroom, Reporting Room and so on.
The Centre is also accredited as American Heart Association Emergency Cardiovascular Care Training Center, WHO Disaster Medical Rescue Training Centre, National Emergency Medical Rescue Training Center, Tianjin Standardized Training Center for Residents and General Practitioners and Tianjin Mini-invasive Surgery Training Center.
1. High school qualifications and equivalent to A-level grades BBB to include maths, Biology and Chemistry.
2. IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
3. 18 years old and above.
1. Photocopy of your valid passport (Passport type must be ordinary)
2. Senior High school graduate certificate. Graduation certificate in languages other than Chinese or English should be translated into Chinese or English and be certified by notarization.
3. High school academic transcripts, including courses taken and standard achieved.
4. Your English language proficiency test results (no requirement for English-speaking countries).
5. Two recent passport size photographs.
CUCAS provides two kinds of application methods for international candidates to study English medium MBBS programs at China's universities. They can choose the quick and convenient online application system or the traditional offline application route-Apply via Email.
To complete the online application process, you need to follow the four main sections below:
1. Click 'Apply Now' button on this page and login, if didn't have the account, register first.
2. Fill out the online application form with real and correct informaiton, including personal information, education background, language proficiency, etc.
If you're not sure how to fill out the form, please check if there are any instructions behind the blank.
3. Upload the required application materials
Please upload photocopies of required application materials according to the university's admissions criteria.
All the materials should be MS-Word (.doc), Adobe PDF (.pdf) documents, image files (.gif, .jpg), or compression files (.rar, .zip). Each file cannot exceed 8 MB (megabytes)
4. Make payment
CUCAS offers five types of payment methods. Please carefully select your preferred payment method and to make the payment.
Students who choose Western Union or Bank transfer as their payment method need to upload the payment receipt after you wire the money at the post office or bank.
5. Submit application
Please submit your application once the application fee is confirmed by CUCAS. To submit your application, please access My CUCAS-> My Applications by logging in CUCAS, click 'Continue' at 'Application Status' column, and go to the 'Submit Application' section. You will see a big 'Submit' button. Click the button and your application will be sent directly to the university.
Once you've submitted your application, please wait 2-4 weeks for the university to process your application. Once the university has made a decision, CUCAS will notify you by email. You can also track your application status by logging into your CUCAS account.
The steps for 'Apply via Email' are as follows:
1. Choose a MBBS program；
2. Click “Apply via Email” to download the fillable application form and documents;
3. Open forms in MS Word and fill in required information electronically, please make sure the information is accurate and correct to receive your JW 202 form;
4. Send us the completed form and other required application materials;
5. Pay the Application Fee and CUCAS Processing Fee, keep the receipt;
6. Send us the copy of receipt, and the school will process your application once receiving your bank receipt;
7. Check your application process via email periodically, and track with your admission status;
8. Wait for your admission notice from CUCAS within 5 workdays, and the JW 202 form will send to you in 2-6 weeks;
Email Address for MBBS Application: firstname.lastname@example.org