Anhui Medical University, formerly known as Shanghai Southeastern Medical College, is one of the key universities in Anhui Province. Established on May 29th, 1926, relocated to its present place and renamed Anhui Medical College in 1949. It officially became Anhui Medical University in June 1996. The campus covers an area of 860 thousand square meters and with total floorage of about 700 thousand square meters. The campus proper is seated on South No.1 Ring-Road of Hefei, with good environment and easy access.
The university has the longest history and is also the first authorized university to admit Ph.D. and post-doctorial students in Anhui Province.In Anhui Province, the university is a center for higher medical education, medical research, and medical treatment. There are 23 academic departments, such as
The university has a faculty of 4889 teaching and providing medical services, among whom are 386 professors, 741 associate professors, and over 138 doctorial graduates. At present there are 8374 undergraduates, 830 postgraduates and doctorial students.
The university consists of two parts-the main campus and the southern campus covering entirely an area of 860000 square meters. Its library has a collection of 720000 volumes and 20000 kinds of periodical and journals as well as e-journals. It is equipped with a campus computer network, which is also a center in Anhui for sharing biological and medical information across the nation on Internet. The library has broad relations with other libraries, schools and research institutions both at home and abroad.
The university has built up close links with other higher institutions in some European countries, America and Japan. The establishment of research centers is the result of collaborations with Harvard University and Mayo Clinic in the USA, Sino-Canada Children Foundation, Karolinska Medical Institute in Sweden and Osnabruck University of Applied Sciences in Germany respectively.
The curriculum planning shall include the following three parts:
(1) Chinese culture and natural science courses, including an overview of China's culture, Chinese language, Chinese medical terminology, mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, physical education, etc. It is required to pass the examinations of these courses respectively.
(2) Basic medical sciences, behavioral science, humanities, social science and medical ethics, preventive medicine and clinical medicine. It is also required to pass the examinations of these courses respectively.
(3) Internship. The institutions shall meticulously organize the reasonable arrangement of the internship. The duration of the internship is one year (at least 48 weeks).
In order to facilitate their learning and life inChinaand contact with patients in their medical practice, the Chinese language shall be a compulsory course during the whole undergraduate medical program in English for international students.
Pathology-II, Pathophysiology, Regional Anatomy, Forensic Medicine, Pharmacology-I, Physical Diagnosis, Pharmacology-II, Introductory Surgery, Dermatology, Medicine-I, Medicine-II, Infectious Diseases, Surgery-I, Paediatrics-I, Obstetrics & Gynaecology-I,-I Medicine-III,I Surgery-II, Paediatrics-II, Obstetrics & Gynaecology-II, Stomatology, Ophthalmology , Otorhinolarygology, Nuclear Medicine, Surgery-III, Emergency Medicine, Medical Technic Training before Clinical Internship.
There are 23 academic departments and hospitals can offer internship for international students, such as
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals in good health.
2. For Bachelor's Degree Candidate: with senior high school diploma and with excellent academic performance, and under the age of 25.
1.High school certificate
CUCAS provides two kinds of application methods for international candidates to study English medium MBBS programs at China's universities. They can choose the quick and convenient online application system or the traditional offline application route-Apply via Email.
To complete the online application process, you need to follow the four main sections below:
1. Click 'Apply Now' button on this page and login, if didn't have the account, register first.
2. Fill out the online application form with real and correct informaiton, including personal information, education background, language proficiency, etc.
If you're not sure how to fill out the form, please check if there are any instructions behind the blank.
3. Upload the required application materials
Please upload photocopies of required application materials according to the university's admissions criteria.
All the materials should be MS-Word (.doc), Adobe PDF (.pdf) documents, image files (.gif, .jpg), or compression files (.rar, .zip). Each file cannot exceed 8 MB (megabytes)
4. Make payment
CUCAS offers five types of payment methods. Please carefully select your preferred payment method and to make the payment.
Students who choose Western Union or Bank transfer as their payment method need to upload the payment receipt after you wire the money at the post office or bank.
5. Submit application
Please submit your application once the application fee is confirmed by CUCAS. To submit your application, please access My CUCAS-> My Applications by logging in CUCAS, click 'Continue' at 'Application Status' column, and go to the 'Submit Application' section. You will see a big 'Submit' button. Click the button and your application will be sent directly to the university.
Once you've submitted your application, please wait 2-4 weeks for the university to process your application. Once the university has made a decision, CUCAS will notify you by email. You can also track your application status by logging into your CUCAS account.
The steps for 'Apply via Email' are as follows:
1. Choose a MBBS program；
2. Click “Apply via Email” to download the fillable application form and documents;
3. Open forms in MS Word and fill in required information electronically, please make sure the information is accurate and correct to receive your JW 202 form;
4. Send us the completed form and other required application materials;
5. Pay the Application Fee and CUCAS Processing Fee, keep the receipt;
6. Send us the copy of receipt, and the school will process your application once receiving your bank receipt;
7. Check your application process via email periodically, and track with your admission status;
8. Wait for your admission notice from CUCAS within 5 workdays, and the JW 202 form will send to you in 2-6 weeks;
Email Address for MBBS Application: firstname.lastname@example.org