Kunming Medical University(KMU) was founded in 1933 and has since established itself as the largest specialized medical university of higher medical education, scientific research and medical service in Yunnan, P. R. China.
Kunming Medical University has made remarkable achievements in the area of international exchange and cooperation. It has launched inter-institutional academic partnerships and exchange programs with medical schools and institutions in more than 40 countries worldwide, such as France, the U.S.A, Sweden, Italy, Germany, Australia, Japan, Thailand and Vietnam. It also conferred the titles of honorary professor and guest professor to more than 60 foreign scholars.
Since 1998, KMU has recruited and trained graduate students, undergraduate students, advanced medical students and Chinese language students from 24 countries and regions, such as America, UK, France, Japan, Germany, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan.
Kunming Medical University provides MBBS program in English for international student. KMU provides clinical electives for international students with an aim to improve their medical knowledge and skills, and help them to have a better understanding of Chinese medical education and its on going development.
Based on reality, and, in line with the spirit of the "elite education, special education, brand education" in order to meet the needs of contemporary society, undergraduate medical education standards and new medical reform program for the training of medical personnel to focus on management, focus on quality, focus on quality, and strive to achieve School of undergraduate Education five-year strategic development plan.
Specialities offered: Clinical Medicine, Higher Nursing Education, Laboratory Medicine, radiology and anesthesiology.
Teaching and research sections: There are 23 teaching and research sections.
A total of 31 courses:
the Department of internal medicine;
introduction to surgery;
intensive monitoring and therapeutics;
therapeutics of pain;
introduction to clinical medicine
traditional Chinese medicine;
medical imaging technology;
radiation biological protection;
the clinical laboratory hematology;
clinical laboratory instrument;
clinical laboratory quality management.
Courses: 47 courses are offered, and there are 7 quality courses.
Department of Clinical Medical Education is responsible for the administration of routine work of clinical medical undergraduate students.
1. Senior high school graduates or those with the same or above level.
2. Age: under 40
3. English level: the average records of English should above 60
1. Health certificate
2. Photocopy of valid passport
3. Passport photo
4. High school academic transcript
5. High school graduate certificate
6. English proficiency test certificate
7. Letter of guarantee(You can download a template or sample from here.)
CUCAS provides two kinds of application methods for international candidates to study English medium MBBS programs at China's universities. They can choose the quick and convenient online application system or the traditional offline application route-Apply via Email.
To complete the online application process, you need to follow the four main sections below:
1. Click 'Apply Now' button on this page and login, if didn't have the account, register first.
2. Fill out the online application form with real and correct informaiton, including personal information, education background, language proficiency, etc.
If you're not sure how to fill out the form, please check if there are any instructions behind the blank.
3. Upload the required application materials
Please upload photocopies of required application materials according to the university's admissions criteria.
All the materials should be MS-Word (.doc), Adobe PDF (.pdf) documents, image files (.gif, .jpg), or compression files (.rar, .zip). Each file cannot exceed 8 MB (megabytes)
4. Make payment
CUCAS offers five types of payment methods. Please carefully select your preferred payment method and to make the payment.
Students who choose Western Union or Bank transfer as their payment method need to upload the payment receipt after you wire the money at the post office or bank.
5. Submit application
Please submit your application once the application fee is confirmed by CUCAS. To submit your application, please access My CUCAS-> My Applications by logging in CUCAS, click 'Continue' at 'Application Status' column, and go to the 'Submit Application' section. You will see a big 'Submit' button. Click the button and your application will be sent directly to the university.
Once you've submitted your application, please wait 2-4 weeks for the university to process your application. Once the university has made a decision, CUCAS will notify you by email. You can also track your application status by logging into your CUCAS account.
The steps for 'Apply via Email' are as follows:
1. Choose a MBBS program；
2. Click “Apply via Email” to download the fillable application form and documents;
3. Open forms in MS Word and fill in required information electronically, please make sure the information is accurate and correct to receive your JW 202 form;
4. Send us the completed form and other required application materials;
5. Pay the Application Fee and CUCAS Processing Fee, keep the receipt;
6. Send us the copy of receipt, and the school will process your application once receiving your bank receipt;
7. Check your application process via email periodically, and track with your admission status;
8. Wait for your admission notice from CUCAS within 5 workdays, and the JW 202 form will send to you in 2-6 weeks;
Email Address for MBBS Application: email@example.com