Medical School, established in 1978, was the first in all the comprehensive universities in mainland China that recruited students from abroad as well as from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan. In 1984, the college was registered in WHO (World Health Organization) of the United Nations, making it possible for its graduates directly take medical license examinations offered in any country all over the world.
There are four hospitals accredited Grade A of the National Level III affiliated to the school, providing great convenience for the students to make internship. Now the college offers 6 Ph. D. programs, 18 master degree programs and 5 undergraduate programs.
To fulfill the needs of modern medical development, this program is designed to train students who are enabled to develop morally, intellectually, physically and aesthetically as clinical specialists. Students trained under this program will be armed with sound basic knowledge expertise, and skills in modern medicine, and can be qualified for teaching and research work done in the field of clinical medicine.
1. Students are to be cultivated with a strong love for medical cause and medical ethics of healing the wounded and rescuing the dying, thus getting well prepared to be medical professionals with lofty ideals, integrity, knowledge and a strong sense of discipline.
2. Students are expected to possess
a) a good command of basic theories, knowledge and skills in their field of studies;
b) information of the latest development in that field;
c) sound knowledge and clinical skills in disease diagnosis, treatment and preventive health services;
d) sound expertise in traditional Chinese medicine theory.
3. Students are expected to have a good mastery of a foreign language to be able to read books and journals in that language.
4. Students are to be trained with a sound mastery of basic methods of medical literature retrieval; and be able to do practical work and scientific research.
Systemic Anatomy, Histology & Embryology, Human Physiology, Pathology, Medical Microbiology, Pharmacology, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics, Pediatrics, Preventive and Social Medicine, etc.
Bachelor's Degree in Medicine
The First Clinical Medical School is a comprehensive hospital, rated "Top Grade, Level III", which qualifies it to teach, undertake research and provide medical treatment, disease prevention, health care and rehabilitation.
The School has 45 clinical departments with 850 hospital beds, covering all subjects. It also possesses an extensive array of advanced medical instruments, among which are a super high field intensity MRI, multi-slice CT, DSA, SPECT, CLD, Auto Bio Morphin, Linear Accelerator and Gamma-Knife tumor-therapy instrument. Presently under construction with an expected completion date of 2011 is a new facility with an area of over 70,000 sqm and 1,200 hospital beds.
All applicants from overseas Chinese candidates, foreign students of Chinese origin, foreign students, who have finished senior high school education or reached the equivalent level of education, with a written record of good conduct and good health and having no previous criminal record, under the age of 30 are eligible for application.
1. English proficiency test certificate
2. Personal statement (Self-introduction)
3. Valid photocopy of passport
4. 1.5 inch latest photo (bust, bare headed)
5. High school academic transcript
6. High school graduate certificate
7. Letter of recommendation
CUCAS provides two kinds of application methods for international candidates to study English medium MBBS programs at China's universities. They can choose the quick and convenient online application system or the traditional offline application route-Apply via Email.
To complete the online application process, you need to follow the four main sections below:
1. Click 'Apply Now' button on this page and login, if didn't have the account, register first.
2. Fill out the online application form with real and correct informaiton, including personal information, education background, language proficiency, etc.
If you're not sure how to fill out the form, please check if there are any instructions behind the blank.
3. Upload the required application materials
Please upload photocopies of required application materials according to the university's admissions criteria.
All the materials should be MS-Word (.doc), Adobe PDF (.pdf) documents, image files (.gif, .jpg), or compression files (.rar, .zip). Each file cannot exceed 8 MB (megabytes)
4. Make payment
CUCAS offers five types of payment methods. Please carefully select your preferred payment method and to make the payment.
Students who choose Western Union or Bank transfer as their payment method need to upload the payment receipt after you wire the money at the post office or bank.
5. Submit application
Please submit your application once the application fee is confirmed by CUCAS. To submit your application, please access My CUCAS-> My Applications by logging in CUCAS, click 'Continue' at 'Application Status' column, and go to the 'Submit Application' section. You will see a big 'Submit' button. Click the button and your application will be sent directly to the university.
Once you've submitted your application, please wait 2-4 weeks for the university to process your application. Once the university has made a decision, CUCAS will notify you by email. You can also track your application status by logging into your CUCAS account.
The steps for 'Apply via Email' are as follows:
1. Choose a MBBS program；
2. Click “Apply via Email” to download the fillable application form and documents;
3. Open forms in MS Word and fill in required information electronically, please make sure the information is accurate and correct to receive your JW 202 form;
4. Send us the completed form and other required application materials;
5. Pay the Application Fee and CUCAS Processing Fee, keep the receipt;
6. Send us the copy of receipt, and the school will process your application once receiving your bank receipt;
7. Check your application process via email periodically, and track with your admission status;
8. Wait for your admission notice from CUCAS within 5 workdays, and the JW 202 form will send to you in 2-6 weeks;
Email Address for MBBS Application: firstname.lastname@example.org